Being a professional academic is not for everyone. Is it for you?
- Here’s my story about deciding, applying, and working through graduate school.
- What some people do outside of academia after studying philosophy
- The Leiter Report is a great blog for many aspects of the profession.
- Phil Events helps you find upcoming conferences on interesting themes.
- Phil Jobs helps you scope out the job market in academic philosophy.
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics on how philosophers average $75k per year.
- What it’s like to be a woman in philosophy collects stories of the good, and the bad.
- Why women stay (or leave) philosophy A case that the philosophical field is sexist.
- Does philosophy have a woman problem? A feminist and female philosopher makes the case that philosophical field is not sexist.
- A sober look at the cost of professionalizing philosophy
- A sober look at the future of professional philosophy.
- More philosophy resources