If you’re just hearing about JBP, don’t let anyone define him into a box for you, too quickly. Get to know him.
His critics like to use their one (and only?) trusty tool of slander and guilt-by-association.
In reality, Peterson is a clinical and academic psychologist. He has spent years in clinical practice and published widely influential research on religion, mythology, and psychology.
More recently (as in 2-3 years ago), he became YouTube content creator and political commentator.
I’ve been enjoying Peterson’s YouTube content for a while now. There’s a lot of it, far more than I have seen. He’s more than just a pundit on sexual politics. For example, he explains why your path to enlightenment goes down through the darkest parts of you, the places you least want to see, acknowledge, and tackle.
Some other JBP to explore:
- His website
- His YouTube Channel
- The Self-Authoring Suite
- His first book: Maps of Meaning
- JBP’s latest book: 12 Rules for Life
- Peterson just did a Prager U video on fixing yourself.
- Peterson summarizes his “12 Rules Book” at the “How To Academy” in London
Some Interviews and Articles
- An interview with Jocko on walking away from family
- Slavoj Zizek explains how both poles of the political spectrum are wrong… for some reason
- Even Pewdie Pie (the internet’s most widely subscribed YouTuber and also, just a bizarre person) likes JBP
- Russel Brand asks Peterson about Job (and then just is Russel Brand)
- Here’s the unedited longer version of the VICE interview