I Kinda Like Philosophy; What Should I Read?
Here are some good, accessible yet challenging classics.
- Laozi, The Tao Te Ching
- Plato, Alcibiades I
- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations
- Boethius, Consolation of Philosophy
- Pascal, Pensees
- Dosteyevsky, Brothers Karamasov
- Thomas Nagel, What Does it All Mean?
- JP Moreland, The God Question
No, Seriously, I Really Like Philosophy; What Should I Do?
OK, OK! Try these. Cut your teeth on Aristotle or Kant. It’ll give you the burn that only philosophy can.
- Read Plato, Republic,
- Aristotle, Metaphysics,
- Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica,
- Nietzsche, Geneaology of Morals, and
- Kant, Metaphysics of Morals.
- Talk to your professors.
- Read about what it’s like to be a professional academic.